Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Which Essay I Enjoyed the Most

I definitely enjoyed Mike Rose's essay the most of the three, and I believe that is mostly because I have been there myself to a certain extent. I was in a remedial English class once, and it was pretty rough. I was also in a marine biology class, that was the alternative to regular biology of chemistry. That class had a lot of loud sports players who had little to no interest in school whatsoever. The teacher was pretty quiet, and most of the time overwhelmed with the class. But eventually, he got used to the noise, and just taught over our voices. The information he was teaching us was actually very interesting, so we eventually learned to stay quiet, and almost everyone really enjoyed the class. If Mike Rose's teacher, Mr. Alvarez, had done that with his Spanish class, things may have turned out differently. Maybe the students would have realized that Spanish is an important thing to know, especially when you live in LA.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about the remedial English, but good thoughts on the teaching in other areas!

    ReplyDelete