Tuesday, January 22, 2013
How Cubing Can Help Your Writing
Cubing can be a very useful strategy, especially if you are having trouble getting started on a paper. It give you some easy questions to ask yourself about your topic, describe it, analyze it, compare it, apply it, associate it, and argue it. When you answer those questions about your topic, I would probably suggest using bullet points to make a list. That way you can easily incorporate ideas from each question into your paper, without having to take apart a paragraph. In our in class cubing exercise, our group examined texting. My part was the "describe it" portion. It was fairly easy to think of ways to describe texting, but I found that some of my points kind of invaded the other portions of the cubing assignment. This is why I would suggest making a list, rather than writing out paragraphs, because you are bound to have ideas overlapping, and that way you will be less likely to repeat yourself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yes--good points!
ReplyDelete