Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Education Narratives Readings

So I found the article about programming very interesting, probably because that is something I enjoy doing myself. I enjoyed reading said article because of the content, yes, but also because the author had linked all of his work he talked about in the post, essentially acting as real tangible examples for his story. I believe a very important part of any paper, or project for that matter, are the examples you use to prove your points. The second article, about not using Google, was not as interesting to me, at least in terms of the content. Although the main idea I got from this article was pretty much the same as the first. He used examples, and facts, to back up his thoughts, but I think he used too many facts. There is such a thing as too much information. It was hard for me to keep up with his points because of all the price points and data that he put into his article. This is definitely something to be aware of when doing any sort of writing. Facts are good, as long as they don't overwhelm the rest of your writing. If they do, you may as well just write a fact sheet instead.

3 comments:

  1. I agree that the first article was much more interesting to read, not because I am into programming, but they way he talked in his post. Good insight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The article about google did have too much information. Especially when the reader isnt familiar with the programs that he was using. I found the computer programming article was more interesting also.

    ReplyDelete